There are several reasons why you should join the Ursamen! For starters, you become a part of a community of bears, a brotherhood of like-minded men who have diverse interests and backgrounds, yet are all either bears themselves or bear admirers. Many new friendships and even long-lasting relationships were begun within our club over the years! It’s a chance to hang out with friends and share food, fun, laughter, and good times together! It can also be a support network during hard times.
Aside from the sense of brotherhood you’ll get within our club, you’re also able to connect with the larger LGBTQ community through charity/fundraising events, shared events with other clubs and organizations, and/or just going out with your club brothers to other groups’ events as representatives of the Ursamen.
Some other benefits for being a member are:
- Access to the members-only sections of our website and invitations to members-only private events.
- You can join any of the small groups within the club that share your interests – or you can even start your own small group!
- As a member, you are encouraged to participate and offer your feedback and suggestions to help improve our club.
- Discounts on admission to our events and free merchandise.
- You’ll also receive our quarterly Newsletter, “Bears and Hunters”, and can access our newsletter and photographic archives.
Most importantly, you’ll be invited and encouraged to attend our annual meeting in October, which includes a banquet dinner, and another opportunity to make your voice heard by entering a more public discussion over club-related issues and electing new officers for the coming year.